December 16, 2009

Happy National Cupcake Day!

















I'm honing down my ESP skills by having made these little mini Chocolate Marshmallow Candy Cane cupcakes yesterday, just in time for the U.S. National Cupcake Day today (Dec 15)!

They were for my last final of the semester, as part of a little holiday party for my Drawing II studio class. I wanted to do something festive, and also honor my unofficial status as Cupcake Girl. Not to mention, after turning in three 15-pg papers, I was ready to relax and bake a bit. I hadn't baked in 2 months, which in my cupcake/sugar-crazed life is incomprehensible.














(Left: Professor J. Torreano, sitting in front of my trio of Crayola crayon portraits; Right: My mini cupcakes)


Cupcakes, crackers, cheese, and plenty of wine, all in fine company. Not a bad way to bid the semester farewell.

So, Happy National Cupcake Day!

*salutes with a mini cupcake*

No comments:

Post a Comment